Thursday, July 7, 2011

MIDWEST: overview

MIDWEST:
One word: limitations. At least in my small town community, I'm surrounded by farmer boys which is fine if all you had set a goal for in your life was being a farmer's wife. Sure for those who aren't from around here, farmer boys can be cute and kind of a novelty. However, if I'm gonna go for the country type I'd rather have the cowboys, but the farmers definitely outnumber cowboys. This isn't knocking that lifestyle in any way, in fact it is really true that this seems to be the best place to raise a family.

My downside is that after high school, this place is SOooooo boring. It is difficult to meet new men and even then, chances are that everyone else probably knows them, and their entire life history and has their own opinions of that guy which you will probably hear before you have a chance to form your own opinions. That is difficult to overlook when your best friends hate the guy that you had your eye on. And thank God my family isn't from here like everyone else because then I'd have to look out for whether or not I'm related to them too! :/


So basically...
- No variety/very boring (as in, some nights entertainment would consist of going to Walmart... better to just stay home.)
- If your from here, be careful you're not related.
- Good luck if you're trying to avoid dating your best friends' exes.
- Everyone settles very early. At age 22, I am the only person in my group of friends who is single and 90% of them are engaged, have kids, and married.
But...
* Good idea to come back AFTER you're married and have a family to raise kids.


I read in an article recently that Iowa is the worst state to date, and CA is the best. I would agree with this statement which provides comfort in my near future move.




No comments:

Post a Comment